About this Event
Understanding Global University Rankings: their data and influence
16th May, 2017, Woburn House, London
We are delighted to inform you about HESPA’s upcoming international league tables event which will welcome a host of interesting speakers, each with a different area of expertise in international university rankings and recruitment. The day will cover:
- The comparability of international datasets; traditional metrics (staff/student numbers) vs use of ‘reputation’ surveys
- Open data and how its increased use might impact rankings
- Specific rankings: their data, where it comes from and how it is used
- How to address different international data sources
- Measuring the impact of international league tables
- Insights into how agencies use rankings and how international students use rankings
- Insights into institutional uses of and perspectives on international rankings
- And more
Who should attend?
This event is open to all, but would be of particular interest to those working in:
- Strategic planning
- International recruitment
- Marketing and communications
- Press office
It may also appeal to those working in HE agencies or media with an interest in data collection, international relations and/or university rankings.
The full programme is attached for more information and bookings are open now.
There are no speakers for this event yet.