This event will explore the future of postgraduate education within a marketing and recruitment context. The workshop format will provide delegates with the opportunity to engage in in-depth discussions about specific postgraduate related issues. The discussions themselves will be delegate led and therefore those attending on the day will have the opportunity to shape the direction of the discussion.
The programme will include presentations on the postgraduate research student decision making process, adding value to postgraduate education and will also feature an engaging scenario group activity led by Jim Tudor from The Future Index. The event will also provide the opportunity for delegates to examine a selection of the Postgraduate Support Scheme initiatives funded by HEFCE to encourage progression into PGT education. The day will conclude an informal post-event reception on the University of Birmingham’s Edgbaston Campus.
Colleagues leading, managing, supporting and administering postgraduate marketing and recruitment would find this workshop most useful as well as other colleagues who deliver this function within the postgraduate sector. As with all UKCGE events, delegates attending the workshop will be able to take away practical recommendations to develop within their own institution.
Presentations will include:
- The Postgraduate Student Decision Making Process, Louise Simpson, The Knowledge Partnership
- Making Postgraduate Education Marketing Brilliant; wider world trends, consumer inspirations, and truly groundbreaking ideas
- Jim Tudor, The Future Index
- HEFCE Postgraduate Support Scheme; the good, the engaging and the innovative
- HEFCE, Michelle Morgan, Kingston University plus two other (yet to be confirmed)
- Adding Value to Postgraduate Education:
- Careers, Helen Stringer, University of Warwick
- Internships, Robert Hardwick, BBSRC
- My Experience, Emily Rozier, University of Birmingham